Tax Season – What you Need to Know

Woman Receiving a CRA Letter About Back Taxes

Whats The Best Way to do My Taxes?

There are many different ways to do get your taxes done. You can do them on your own, use a tax software, or have an accountant prepare your taxes for you. There are pros and cons to each method. Check out our informative blog posts on the subject to help decide what’s the best choice for you:

When Do I File My Taxes?

April 30 – Unless you are self-employed or the spouse/common law partner of a someone who is self employed, your paperwork and any amounts owing are due to Canada Revenue Agency

June 15 – Taxes for self-employed taxpayers and their spouses/common law partners are due

Where Do I File My Taxes?

Doing your taxes can be complex enough without having to worry about submitting them. There are several ways to make sure your taxes get to the Canada Revenue Agency.


By far the easiest and most popular way is to submit online. Last year, 80% of Canadians submitted their taxes online, which makes sense, considering how easy it is to do.


If you don’t want to file online, you can still file by mail. If you’re in Alberta, your tax return can be mailed to:

Canada Revenue Agency
Tax Centre
Post Office Box 14001, Station Main
Winnipeg MB R3C 3M3

If not, check out the CRA’s website for the where to mail your tax returns.

Liu & Associates are your Tax Experts. Contact us today to find out how Liu can help you this tax season.